Vote Forward Community Agreements
Our goal is to create and foster a safe, inclusive, and equitable environment for volunteers and the greater Vote Forward community. These guidelines help us hold ourselves and each other accountable to ensure that together, we build a community that supports our work and mission.
- Empower grassroots volunteers. We know and take to heart that our work would not be possible without our volunteers. We build tools that make it possible for volunteers to participate—from anywhere—in letter writing campaigns to encourage fellow citizens in underrepresented communities to vote.
- Focus on inclusivity and respect. We work to show respect and inclusivity in all our efforts. We use welcoming and inclusive language, model empathy, and empower each other to do our best work. We are respectful, friendly, and nonpartisan at all times in our communications with voters.
- Research for impact and confidence. We conduct rigorous experiments to learn what works to guide and inform our efforts. We share our research, analyses, and findings to give volunteers confidence in their efforts and to improve our programs.
- Approach our work with humility. We are all learning, and we follow the lead set by our partner organizations and volunteer community. We openly accept and take feedback seriously. We proactively work to unlearn our own biases and assumptions.
- Respect each other’s time and resources. Our small but dogged team is dedicated to developing impactful campaigns and supporting our volunteers who work tirelessly to encourage voting. We recognize and appreciate the time and resources that volunteers commit to Vote Forward's campaigns.
Please report examples of abusive behavior, harassment, or other unacceptable conduct to email@example.com, and a member of our team will review and respond promptly.
By hosting or attending a Vote Forward event, I agree to these guidelines.